BWYT Foundation Course Tutor Training
What will the training course cover?
- Planning/Delivering the BWY Foundation course (FC)
- BWY Policies and Procedures (e.g. Complaints Procedure, Equity Policy, Child Protection Policy)
- Administration procedures
- Verification Procedures
Foundation Course Training Information PackYou will be provided with a comprehensive BWY Foundation Course Pack including everything you need to set up your Foundation Course.
AssessmentThis is an assessed course and will include ongoing informal and formal assessment. The training consists of a two-day residential induction. Students then submit their full course plan and, once approval has been granted, will have ongoing supervision to support them going forward. Candidates accepted for training are required to achieve competence in all required areas before a certificate of completion can be awarded.
Induction WeekendMicro Teach - you will be asked to teach a half hour session to the rest of the group, highlighting a "given" aspect of the Foundation Course syllabus.
Lesson planning - You will be asked to prepare a lesson plan and a supporting handout of your teaching session.
You will be expected to:
- Actively participate in the practical sessions.
- Enter discussion in the theoretical parts of the course.
- Participate in group/pair work
SupportThe Foundation Course Training Team will be available to answer questions during the Induction Weekend. In addition, the Foundation Course Officer will support you via email during the planning phase of your first Foundation Course. It is recommended that trainees attend Teachers’ Training Week in July for a one day session as part of the review process. (Depending on assessment outcomes, individual trainees may be required to attend Teacher Training Week.)
- Approval by the Foundation Course Officer of a course plan submitted by the trainee
- Completion of any prescribed action plan subsequent to the training
Join the BWY
Contact the BWY
British Wheel of Yoga,
25 Jermyn Street,