Tutor: Barry Jackson
Date: 21st November 2020 - 21st October 2020
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Barry Jackson of BriskAid Training has over 25 years of medical experience and will lead this course, approved by the awarding body QUALSAFE.
A certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course and is valid for 3 years - please bring an A4 SAE with large letter stamp.
This one day course will cover the following areas:
· Importance of preventing cross infection
· Need for recording incidents and actions
· Use of available equipment
· Assessing situations and circumstances to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
· Unconscious casualties including seizures
· Wounds and bleeding
· First aid for minor injuries
· How to use a defibrillator
Wear comfortable clothing as the day will include practical demonstrations and practice. Barry will provide a first aid manual but please bring a notepad and pen with you.
Please bring a packed lunch. Hot and cold drinks will be provided.
The cost of the day includes certification.
Event Organiser: Helen Craig
Mobile: 07787 845222
The policy for getting a refund on a place on a BWY day is outlined below:
All refunds will be dealt with by the Region. If you cannot attend a particular event, you should in the first instance contact the Event Organiser (usually County Rep) or the Regional Officer.
1. The event organiser will offer to transfer the person to another event which is on the website.
2. If this is not possible the event organiser will follow the BWY cancellation policy:
· Within 2 months of the event a full refund can be made
· Between 8 weeks and 4 weeks prior to the event 50% of the fee (a full refund can be made if there is a waiting list for the event)
· 1 month to 1 week – 25% of fee paid
· 7 days notice no refund.
3. The event organiser will fill in the form and Central Office will refund the payment made using Payzone
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.