Tutor: Rajesh DAVID
Date: 5th November 2022
Time: 10:00 - 16:30
From Sound to Silence:
Deepening our practice & understanding of Nada Yoga
About Rajesh David
Rajesh David trained at The Yoga Institute, Mumbai, India. He is also a composer and singer, with a background in Indian classical music. As a professional singer he was an A- grade artist for All India Radio & Television.
Whilst living as a resident of Mandala Yoga Ashram in Wales for four years, he conducted kirtan and chanting sessions, gave concerts and taught regular Nada Yoga courses. His three courses on the subject of Nada, Nada Yoga the Yoga of Subtle Sound, From Sound to Silence and The Music of Om - chanting and reflecting on the Mandukya Upanishad, together with two others, Bhakti Yoga Through Love to the Self and An Introduction to Adi Shankaracharyas Bhaja Govindam are all recognised as IST by the BWY.
He has been teaching these courses in the UK and abroad for several years.
He has also taught with Swami Nishchalananda on a one year course of Kriya Yoga at the Mandala Yoga Ashram.
His many CDs include collections of devotional music, such as Mantram Music for Relaxation and Meditation, The Music of AUM - The Mandukya Upanishad and Kabir - mystic poems, and practice CDs, such as Nadopasana, for practitioners of Nada Yoga.
Rajesh has trained as a coach with HeartMath UK, which focuses on heart intelligence as a means of building resilience and managing stress.
About the Day:
In this course we effect the transition from sound to silence through music, mantra yoga and body work, and we reflect on the meaning and nature of Silence. From Sound to Silence is a natural progression from Nada Yoga - The Yoga of Subtle Sound. Although it is helpful, it is not a requirement that participants should have done the previous course. It is designed to take the practice of Nada Yoga to a deeper level, and prepare participants for an in-depth study of the Mandukya Upanishad. The course covers: * Overview of the concept of Nada * Harmony and balance in posture and movement * Working with mantras * Sound and the chakra paradigm * Exploring conscious deep sleep through Yoga Nidra * Reflecting on the mantra OM through selected verses from the Upanishads * Meditation
Aims of the Day
1. Introducing / reviewing the concept of Nada 2. Preparation for a deeper understanding of sound 3. Effecting the transition from sound to silence 4. Examining the meaning and nature of silence
1. Exploring sound as harmony and balance in the body 2. Working with music and mantra yoga 3. Exploring conscious deep sleep through a practice of Yoga Nidra 4. Reflecting on the mantra Om, with reference to Upanishadic texts 5. Consolidation of the days work with a meditation
Timetable of the day
10.00 Introduction 10.30 Hatha Yoga 11.30 Working with music and Mantra Yoga 12.50 Q & A 13.00 - 14.00 Lunch 14.00 Yoga Nidra 14.30 Understanding OM through Upanishadic texts (includes chanting) 15.20 Meditation 15.50 Q & A and conclusion 16.00 Evaluation and close
Pre Work for the day
Backfround reading of Mandukya Upanishad Background reading on the subject of Nada Yoga
Blocks ,Bolsters ,Mat.
Level the Course is aimed at
Experienced Teacher ,General Practitioner.
In case of any cancellation:
1. The event organiser will offer to transfer a person to another event which is on the BWY website.
2. If this is not possible the event organiser will follow the BWY cancellation policy: • Within 2 months of the event a full refund can be made • Between 8 weeks and 4 weeks prior to the event 50% of the fee (a full refund can be made if there is a waiting list for the event) • 1 month to 1 week – 25% of fee paid • 7 days’ notice no refund.
3. The event organiser will ask the Treasurer to refund the person by BACS – cheque refunds will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
If necessary, please contact the organiser:
Ilkay Ozcan - 0782 140 3276 – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.