Tutor: Zoe Knott
Date: 16th March 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
IST Courses Zoe
Aims of the Morning
1. The principles and reasons for working with strength in asana.
2. How this physical practice affects us energetically and is very much a part of the balance that is HA THA Yoga.
3. Specific techniques to develop strength
Those attending will:
1. Learn the principles and reasons for working with strength in asana.
2. Consider how this physical practice affects us energetically and is very much a part of the balance that is HA THA Yoga.
3. Learn and practice specific techniques to develop strength.
Aims of the Afternoon
1. To teach how to move in and out of asana in the safest way.
2. To explain how they can relate this to their own teaching.
Those attending will:
1. Practice how to move in and out of asana in the safest way.
2 Learn how they can relate this to their own teaching.
Teaching Material Used On The Day
Handouts which are available electronically
Methods of presenting the subject
Class work, demonstration, discussion, experiential, short lecture.
About the Tutor
Zoe is a Diploma Course Tutor and also the DCT Training Officer.
Over 30 years of yoga practice with many different teachers from a variety of traditions has resulted in an eclectic style of teaching that has been influenced by all those she has worked with. Her fundamental approach is to build strength as the cornerstone of practice and from there all poses become possible. Asana
Outline plan for the day
Techniques to develop strength focusing on:
10.10 Pelvic Floor
11.00 Upper Legs
11.30 Arms/Upper Body
12.30 Easing. Twists
1.00pm LUNCH you can bring a packed lunch or there is a cafe at the venue
2.00pm Q&A, Discussion, Benefits, Views of Experts
2.30pm Moving in and out of asana using strength
3.30pm Easing. Twists
Do be sure to bring belts and blocks to the Workshop
A little about the day below:
My session is called ‘Strength in Asana’ and I would like to tell you a little about what the day will encompass and why I teach and work in this way.
We will look at three areas:
1. The principles of working with strength in asana
(ie why do we even consider this?)
2. Specific techniques to develop core strength
3. How to move in and out of postures in the safest way.
The key aspect of my teaching comes from a point of safety and I have developed a technique of working with strength in asana to protect the body from stress.
In my experience, Yoga Teachers and seasoned practitioners are already incredibly flexible but sometimes not so strong. Yet we need to have the necessary strength to support the joints.
The IST Day will include specific techniques to strengthen these areas.
We will also analyze how we move in and out of postures and how to do this in the safest way.
We must consider the muscles that we need to engage to move us into and out of postures.
On the day
Please arrive at
Refreshment Please bring a packed lunch sandwich or salad bowl. Although tea and coffee will be available if you require an herbal or special diet please can you bring that with you Thank
If you wish to pay by cheque please email below, this is open
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.