Tutor: Marye Wyvill
Date: 19th May 2018
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Harmonious co-ordination between all body parts is the key to quality walking. In this course we will learn strategies to awaken our organic intelligence, and improve comfort and efficiency in walking.
In the morning we will:
· discover where the pressure of the foot needs to be focused in ideal walking
· learn how to mechanically create and mentally accept unlocked knees
· train the hip joint to avoid over-reacting under transmission of pressure coming from the foot in walking
In the afternoon we will:
· learn practices to align the lumbar and avoid the compulsive and uncontrolled exaggeration of a compressed in-curve
· work towards encouraging the upper body to correspond in more harmony and precision to the lower body whilst walking
Whilst this course complements "Bones for Life", it is not necessary to have attended "Bones for Life" in order to benefit from "Bones for Life - Walk for Life". The course is aimed not only at teachers who wish to integrate exercises designed to combat osteoporosis into their weekly classes, but at anyone with a desire to improve their movement and posture.
For further information about "Bones for Life” and "Walk for Life”, see www.bonesforlife.com
Marye trained for five years at the Dharma Yoga Centre under the tutelage of Julie Friedeberger and Swami Dharmananda, and later spent four years as a resident and teacher at Mandala Yoga Ashram. She has also trained on Ruthy Alon’s "Bones for Life” programme.
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.