ONLINE Deconstructing Sun Salutation with Richard Fowler
Tutor: Richard Fowler
Date: 21st February 2021
Time: 09:45 - 12:45
Type of Event: Open Day
Places Available: 28
Surya Namaskar, the Sun Salutation, is one of the most important and popular yoga practices, with gracefully linked asanas (poses) offering a moving meditation, rich in symbolism.
A complete practice in itself, Surya Namaskar helps to warm the body, engaging all of the major muscles groups of the body and increasing respiration and circulation. In this workshop we’ll:
* work with some of the more common versions of Surya Namaskar;
* break these down into the individual constituent asanas and go over their correct alignment;
* explore the transitions between asanas; and
* become acquainted with the traditional mantras which accompany Surya Namaskar
The workshop will also include a range of pranayama practices to energise and relax the body and mind, and close with an extended yoga nidra relaxation.
* Suitable for all levels including beginners
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.