Tutor: Hayley Winter
Date: 5th October 2019
Time: 09:00 - 18:00
Date: 5th & 6th October 2019
Time: 9:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: St. Mary’s University, Twickenham, London, UK
In this Course you will:
• Discover the science behind teaching yoga to the athletic population.
• Identify your own performance needs (or that of a hypothetical athlete) as it relates to your yoga practice, athletic training, or health and well-being.
• Explore how the YSS approach to the Science of Sequencing helps you design with confidence, competence and creativity.
• Discover how the Science of Breathing enhances the experience within your practice.
• Deepen your understanding of the role body reading plays in creating a Primary Performance Objective and the application of this knowledge.
• Develop a practical understanding of biomechanics, and neuroscience through the application of sports-specific yoga.
• Explore the benefits of yoga in helping with injury prevention.
• Explore how to deconstruct poses and bring them to life through understanding the science, the application and the benefit of sports-specific yoga.
Online training: Students explore the course syllabus online in advance (one month) of the LIVE training. It includes contact with the YSS tutors and a chance to get to know your peers before the live event. (approximately 24 hours) Students will continue to have access to the online classroom for 3 months post LIVE training with the option to upgrade to lifetime access.
2-day live training: The online component will be reinforced in a LIVE setting where you will demonstrate an initial understanding of the YSS approach by preparing and delivering a Micro-Sequence based on your own specific athletic or performance needs.
This course does NOT qualify you to teach yoga
Early Bird Discount £120 OFF - expires 31st August 2019
Use coupon code BWYMEMBER2019
2020 Course dates: 8th & 9th February 2020
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.