Tutor: Judy Cameron
Date: 1st February 2020
Time: 09:00 - 17:30
• the specific Guidelines for Safety as detailed by the British Wheel of Yoga. Students will have a working knowledge of these Guidelines and be able to incorporate them into their classes.
• a variety of yoga postures that address the needs of pregnancy, paying particular attention to postural awareness, the pelvic floor, managing fatigue, positions for labour, and encouraging babies into the best possible position prior to birth.
• identifying situations of special need, where referral to other agencies might be appropriate.
• students’ capacity to deal with another woman’s grief and loss - both compassionately and authentically.
• a variety of breathing practices that are focusing, calming and applicable to pregnancy and labour.
• several approaches to relaxation to support the pregnant woman.
• develop publicity, plan and teach a series of classes to a group of pregnant women.
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.