Tutor: Christiane Kerr
Date: 2nd June 2021
Time: 19:30 - 20:30
This module is suitable for qualified yoga teachers and trainees who are interested in teaching yoga to children and teens from ages 2 /12 to 18.
The module will be broken into 3 sections.
Section 1: Teaching to ages 2 ½ to 7
Section 2: Teaching ages 8 – 12
Section 3: Teaching ages 12-18
Each section will focus on a different age group with key skills being reinforced over the duration of the module.
You will learn how to set up and run yoga classes for children and teens, including the practical requirements.
For each age group we will look at:Anatomy and physiology.
· Cognitive development and neuroscience.
· Adapting asanas for each age group.
· Partner and group poses.
· Language and scripting for each age group.
· Breath awareness and where appropriate, simple pranayama.
· Meditation, mindfulness and relaxation.
· Class planning and structure.
· Managing your yoga class with positive discipline.
· Creative ways to engage each age with yoga.
· Recognising and managing stress.
· Bringing yoga off the mat and into daily life.
You will receive a booklet for each section along with a posture booklet and a teaching pack that covers the business and logistics of teaching to children and teens including templates.
include live Zoom sessions with pair and group work in breakout rooms, video
lectures, audio lectures and audio visual presentations, audio downloads you
can use in your classes, pdf lessons, classes for each age group.
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.