BWYT Ayurveda Module with Tarik Dervish and Cathy Mae
Tutor: Tarik Dervish and Cathy Mae Karlese
Date: 21st April 2018
Time: 00:00 - 00:00
Type of Event: Modules
Places Available: 5
This exciting 6-day training programme will provide training in the key basic principles of Ayurveda and is particularly useful for those who are already teaching Yoga or who plan to become Yoga teachers in the future. The course will be held in the beautiful countryside of Oxted, Surrey and will run over three weekends between March and June 2018.
By the end of the training, you will have:
- Studied the 5 element theory of Samkhya philosophy and how it relates to Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Examined the three Doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha and how their function and location can be interpreted in the body.
- Explored the 20 Gunas or Qualities of Ayurveda and how they can be used in a Yoga context.
- Considered the most basic aspects of Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology including Dhatus (Tissues) Srotas (Systems) and how they interact with the 3 doshas.
- Surveyed the world of Marma (Sensitive zones) and Nadis (Meridians) with special reference to the Doshas.
- Investigated some key foods and herbs that can be used in relation to yoga practice and general health.
Bookings for this course are open but online booking for this course is not available. For more information or to book a place please contact:
Course Contact: Tarik Dervish and Cathy Mae
Course Telephone: 07552400192
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.