BWY POSTNATAL MODULE WITH JUDY CAMERON
Tutor: Judy Cameron
Date: 6th April 2019
Time: 09:00 - 05:30
Type of Event: Modules
Places Available: 16
• to develop an understanding of appropriate and safe yoga practice in
the postnatal period to nurture recovery
• to support women in discovering a new aspect of themselves as
mothers - and using yoga to support that growth
What will the course cover?
• the physical aspects of recovery in the first 6 months following
• the legacy of pregnancy (mechanical, hormonal and emotional) in the
postnatal period - with reference to appropriate asana.
• a variety of yoga postures that address the needs of postnatal
women, paying particular attention to postural awareness, core
energy (including the pelvic floor), building strength and managing
• identifying situations of special need either in the mother or baby,
where referral to other agencies might be appropriate.
• the key requisites to fulfilling a baby’s development needs in the first
year of life - and to support mothers in this special mother-baby
• a variety of breathing practices that are both restorative and calming.
• several approaches to relaxation to support the postnatal woman.
• publicity, planning and how to teach a series of classes to a postnatal
group of women.
Who Can Apply?
This 85 hour module is available to all yoga teachers holding a
recognised teacher training of minimum 200 hours. Membership of the
British Wheel of Yoga is required for the duration of the course -
currently £37 per annum
Assignments and Assessment
Assessment during the course will involve some teaching to the group,
presentations and worksheets.
Fees, Venue Details and Registration:
This module will be held over 3 weekends in Edinburgh
Weekend 1 6/7 April 2019
Weekend 2 1/2 June 2019
21 Albert Street
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.