BWY Pregnancy Module with Judy Cameron
Tutor: Judy Cameron
Date: 18th May 2019
Time: 09:00 - 05:30
• empower and prepare pregnant women for a positive birth experience
• support women in this voyage of discovery - using yoga to support that journey
What will the course cover?
• plan and teach yoga to pregnant women at different stages of pregnancy with reference to anatomy and physiology, and yoga philosophy
• the specific Guidelines for Safety as detailed by the British Wheel of Yoga. Students will have a working knowledge of these Guidelines and be able to incorporate them into their classes.
• a variety of yoga postures that address the needs of pregnancy, paying particular attention to postural awareness, the pelvic floor, managing fatigue, positions for labour, and encouraging babies into the best possible position prior to birth.
• identifying situations of special need, where referral to other agencies might be appropriate.
• students’ capacity to deal with another woman’s grief and loss - both compassionately and authentically.
• a variety of breathing practices that are focusing, calming and applicable to pregnancy and labour.
• several approaches to relaxation to support the pregnant woman.
• develop publicity, plan and teach a series of classes to a group of pregnant women.
Who Can Apply?
This 85 hour module is available to all yoga teachers holding a recognised teacher training of minimum 200 hours. Membership of the British Wheel of Yoga is required for the duration of the course - currently £37 per annum
Assignments and Assessment
Assessment during the course will involve some teaching to the group, presentations and worksheets. A final teaching observation will be assessed by an BWY approved assessor
Fees, Venue Details and Registration
This module will be held over 3 weekends at Kathleen’s Yoga Studio, 41 Stanthorpe Road, Streatham, London SW16 2DZ
Weekend 1 Saturday 9.30am-Sunday 4pm 18/19 May 2019
Weekend 2 Saturday 9.30am-Sunday 4pm 14/15 September 2019
Weekend 3 Saturday 9.30am-Sunday 4pm 7/8 December 2019
Cost £630 (paid as a lump sum or by instalments) An additional £50 will be payable for the final teaching observation
please contact Judy Cameron on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 0779 207 9389 www.yogaofbirth.co.uk
Kathleen’s Yoga Studio
41 Stanthorpe Road
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.