BWYT Foundation Course 1 with Matt Gill
Tutor: Matt Gill
Date: 26th January 2019
Time: 10:30 - 18:00
Location: Studio Kooks
Type of Event: Foundation Course 1
Places Available: 16
Thank you for your enquiry about the January - June 2019 British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course Level 1 with Matt Gill.
Who it is for: The Foundation Course 1 is run nationally (in England, Scotland and Wales) and is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their personal practice of yoga and widen their experience. It provides a comprehensive grounding in basic practical techniques taught in the context of the philosophy that underpins yoga. It is an ideal preparation for those who may wish to train as yoga teachers in the future* but equally suitable for yoga students who do not wish to teach.
Award: British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course 1 Certificate of Attendance.
Pre-requisites: 1. Minimum of two years’ class attendance with a suitably qualified and experienced yoga teacher. 2. Students must join the British Wheel of Yoga if not already a member.
Length of Course: The course will run on one day per weekend 1 – 2 times per month over a 6-month duration, from January 26th to June 15th 2019. Students must attend a minimum of 80% of the course sessions in order to receive certification.
The Course: The core syllabus includes preparation for practise, asana (postures), mudra (sealing gestures), basic breathing, kriyā (cleansing practice), pranayama (breath control), concentration techniques, relaxation techniques, chanting, talks and discussions on the context and meaning of yoga.
Students are required to practise regularly throughout the course and are encouraged to reflect upon and make notes on their practice in journal form. Other than this there is no home written work and the course is not formally assessed.
• £600 course fee + £60 BWY course registration fee
• A non-refundable deposit of £150 is required to secure your place on the course
• The balance of the fees are payable via 5 x £90 monthly payments, to be made on the 1st day of each month from February to June 2019
• Should a student choose to leave the course at any point, no further course fees will be payable from the point of notification to the tutor
• However, no course fees will be refunded for payments made prior to the point of notification, irrespective of whether or not the student has been in attendance for previous course sessions
• Failure to make timely payments in full will preclude a student’s ability to continue attending sessions and receive certification
Venue, Dates and Timings:
Studio Kooks, The Mansion, Beckenham Place Park, Beckenham BR3 1SY
Dates January – June 2019:
- 26th January
- 9th February
- 23rd February
- 9th March
- 23rd March
- 6th April
- 27th April
- 11th May
- 1st June 15th June
Days will run 10.30 – 18.00 and will include an hour’s lunch break and 2 x 15 minute breaks.
For more information or to apply to join this Foundation Course, please contact Matt on firstname.lastname@example.org
/ 07956 905 583.
Beckenham Place Park
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.