BWY Ayurveda Module
Tutor: Tarik Dervish & Cathy Mae
Date: 21st September 2019
Time: 10:00 - 17:30
Duration and Time:
6 days over three weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) 10.00-5.30pm, September- November 2019Dates:
Sept 21/22 Oct 12/13 and Nov 16/17
Cost: £699 (including £60 BWY Registration fees)
Early bird deal: Pay £649 (including £60 Registration in full by May 30th 2019)
This exciting 6-day training programme will provide training in the key basic principles of Ayurveda and is particularly useful for those who are already teaching Yoga or who plan to become Yoga teachers in the future.
The course will be held in a central London location
over three weekends between Sept and November 2019.
By the end of the training, you will have:
1. Studied the 5 element theory of Samkhya philosophy and how it relates to Yoga and Ayurveda.
2. Examined the three Doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha and how their function and location can be interpreted in the body.
3. Explored the 20 Gunas or Qualities of Ayurveda and how they can be used in a Yoga context.
Considered the most basic aspects of Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology
including Dhatus (Tissues) Srotas (Systems) and how they interact with
the 3 doshas.
5. Surveyed the world of Marma (Sensitive zones) and Nadis (Meridians) with special reference to the Doshas.
6. Investigated some key foods and herbs that can be used in relation to Yoga practice and general health.
For more information or to request a Student pack, please contact Cathy at
or Tarik at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.