BWY Ayurveda Module Cathy-Mae Karelse and Tarik Dervish
Tutor: CATHY MAE AND TARIK DERVISH
Date: 5th September 2020
Time: 00:00 - 00:00
Type of Event: Modules
Places Available: 16
About the course:
This exciting 6-day programme will provide training in the key basic principles of Ayurveda and is particularly useful for those who are already teaching Yoga, those who plan to become Yoga teachers in the future and particularly those who wish to do the BWY accredited Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training with us.
The course will be held at the Jasmine Trust (www.jasminetrust.co.uk) in the beautiful countryside of Nottinghamshire near Babworth and will run over three weekends from September to November 2020.
The dates for the course will be: Sept 5th and 6th 2020, Oct 3rd and 4th ,November 14th and 15th By the end of the training, you will have:
1. Studied the 5 element theory of Samkhya philosophy and how it relates to Yoga and Ayurveda.
2. Examined the three Doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha and how their function is expressed in the body.
3. Explored the 20 Gunas or Qualities of Ayurveda and how they can be used in a Yoga context.
4. Learned about the Ayurvedic Daily and Seasonal routines that form the back bone of Ayurvedic lifestyle
5. Considered the most basic aspects of Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology including Dhatus (Tissues) Srotas (Systems) and how they interact with the 3 doshas.
6. Surveyed the world of Marma (Sensitive zones) and how they can be applied to Asana practice.
7. Investigated some key foods and herbs that can be used to enhance general health.
To introduce students to the basic principles of Ayurveda.
To train students to build Ayurvedic principles into their daily lives and Yoga practice
To help students identify the ayurvedic effects of diet and lifestyle on their well being.
Early bird £600 (By June 30 th 2020) £660 thereafter. (this includes £60 BWY registration fee)
Jasmine Trust, Babworth Court, Babworth,, Retford, Notts, DN22 8EW
Days of week and times:
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
All the dates for the course:
Sept 5th and 6th 2020
Oct 3rd and 4th 2020
November 14th and 15th 2020
Start and End Dates of Course/Workshop:
Sept 5th 2020
November 15th 2020
To book onto the course or for more information please contact the below:
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.