Yoga Sports Science Foundation Course for Yoga for Athletes
Tutor: Hayley Winter, Founder, The Institute of Yoga Sports Science & the YSS Tutoring Saff
Date: 6th October/7th October 2018 (24 hours of online preparation preceding event. Students will have access to the online course content one month to the LIVE training)
Time: 9:00 - 6:00 pm
Location: St. Mary’s University
Type of Event: Online & Live
Places Available: 18
This is the first BWY Module to be delivered part-online, part-live. It provides a powerful base from which to understand how to guide athletes through a sports-specific yoga practice in helping to prevent injury and enhancing athletic performance. You will enhance your teaching, cueing and innovative sequencing skills to keep athletes coming back for more.You will learn how to effectively, skillfully and successfully apply sports-specific yoga to athletes. You will deepen your working knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, neuroscience and understand how to apply yoga with consideration to the physical and psychological demands of sport.
This training consists of:
- Online training Students explore the course syllabus online in advance of the live training. This includes contact with the YSS tutors and a chance to get to know your peers before the live event.
- 2-day live training Students receive direct hands-on experience from Hayley Winter, founder of The Institute of Yoga Sports Science® and members of the YSS team. You will reinforce your learning on the Course and demonstrate an initial understanding of the YSS approach by preparing and planning a Micro-Sequence based on your own specific athletic or performance needs. On day 2 you will present your sequence plan to your peers and tutors.
By the end of the training you will:
● Learn how yoga can be used to enhance athletic performance and help prevent injury.
● Understand the Science of Sequencing 101 to help you design a training plan for your own athletic needs.
● Develop a deeper understanding of muscle function in relation to work, power, generation of forces and sport specific movements.
● Develop a practical working knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, and neuroscience through the application of functional yoga.
● Learn the Science of Breathing 101 and the types of breathing strategies required by athletes for respiratory strength.
● Learn about the modern day science of yoga and how to apply the benefits to your sport or training.
● Learn how our sports-specific yoga techniques and scientific approach can help manage pain and reduce injury in the sport of your choice.
● Learn the art and science of teaching yoga to athletes.
Bookings for this course are open but limited.
For more information or to book a place please contact:
Course Contact: Bonnie Strati
Course Email: firstname.lastname@example.org