CPD 20/25 - Developing the Ayurvedic Lens
Tutor: Cathy-Mae Karelse
Date: 4th April 2020 - 5th April 2020
Time: 08:30 - 12:30
Due to current circumstances this will run as zoom session online On the 4th April from 8.30 - 11.00 and 5th April 10.00 - 12.30.
Cathy-Mae Karelse is a Yoga Therapy Trainer, a Mindfulness Trainer, with a PhD in Mindfulness (SOAS), and an Ayurvedic Practitioner with an MSc in Ayurvedic Medicine. She is also a BWY Diploma Course Tutor, trains yoga teachers, and is currently co-tutoring the BWY Ayurvedic Module with Tarik Dervish, offering online training and blended learning options.
She has a Practice and trains yoga therapists through the Integrated Yoga Therapy programme which is fully accredited by the British Council for Yoga Therapy - these therapists are registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council. She has recently completed a Mindfulness PhD and teaches Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction.
The aims of this CPD Day are to :
Convey an understanding of the Ayurvedic Lens, i.e. Ayurveda’s fundamental principles and philosophies, noting how this relates to yoga and to everyday life.
· Establish how the doshas and gunas relate to yoga practice; and attending to different needs in a single practice
· Apply Ayurveda to our daily practices and approaches to life
Objectives - students will:
· Be able to identify the basic tenets of an Ayurvedic approach to life, and apply this knowledge to better understand their own make-up and imbalances
· Be able to relate the Ayurvedic teachings to yoga, deepening their understanding of balance, imbalance, mind through presentation, application and practice
· Consider yoga practice in relation to the teachings of Ayurveda understanding and practicing how to attend to the different dosas and gunas
· Have an enriched, practical way of applying the tools and teachings of Ayurveda to their practice and to their lives
Please bring along Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, writing material
Pre-course reading (helpful but not essential)
· Vasant Lad: Ayurveda: The Science of Life
· Judith Morrison: The Book of Ayurveda: a guide to personal wellbeing
Online Home event
St Cuthberts Hall
Tyne & Wear
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.