Tutor: Alison Hogy
Date: 1st November 2020
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this training day, please contact the Durham County rep, Jacqueline Stevenson - firstname.lastname@example.org
About the tutor
Alison is a qualified Yoga Therapist and experienced teacher and teacher trainer. She has an eclectic style replete with knowledge and experience.
Aims of the Day
1. To discuss sound: its origins and how to include different aspects of this in Yogic practice (mind-mapping).
2. Using sound in practice in: pranayama; prep for asana; and Yogic flows.
3. Work together as a group to create a flow plus sound
4. Perform a full yoga class, focused on the theme of the different aspects of sound throughout.
Objectives of the day
1. Practice integrating sound in Yogic movement.
2. Use the principles of sound when planning their own lessons.
3. Value & appreciate the subtle effects of sound on their bodies.
4. Demonstrate their created flow plus mantra to the rest of the group.
5. Be able to state/explain how to use sound in connection with a synchronised breathing pattern.Value how this lesson planning technique can enhance their lessons.
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.