Tutor: Sarah Lionheart
Date: 13th October 2018
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
This IST day is now full. To be added to the waiting list, please contact the organisers,
Carol Alderton, on email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS DAY TWO OF A TWO DAY IST - PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ONTO THIS DAY UNLESS YOU ALSO BOOK ONTO DAY 1.
About the Tutor
Sarah has been teaching yoga, mindfulness and meditation since 1989. She has trained extensively in four major faith traditions: Christianity, Hinduism, Sufism and Buddhism, having been a novice nun in both Hinduism and Christianity.
Aims of the Day
Revision of Level One: Settling, grounding, resting and using the meditation support of sound; Revision of three-minute breathing space; Short befriending exercise (loving kindness)
• Underlying attitudes and working with distraction
• Body scan
• Mindful movement (standing or lying down)
• Introducing the undercurrent and observer
• Attitudes, assumptions, expectations and goals
• Identifying with thoughts, thoughts are not facts
• Loving kindness, forgiveness and acceptance
• Accepting a difficulty (seven steps)
Objectives of the Day
• Students are clear about the work covered in Level One.
• Students are clear about the attitudes of the mind
• in the body scan: develop body awareness to recognise and distinguish physical sensations; learn to intentionally place the awareness;
learn to come back to the present moment;
Treat all physical sensations with equanimity.
• Learn how the mind distracts itself and become aware of distraction
• Understand backtracking and how to do it.
• Appreciate being at ease with discomfort,
• Begin to learn how to change the mind by training the observer.
• Begin to see how the observer has preferences and expectations, learn to let go and accept
• Learn how to see thoughts as just thoughts, simply passing through the mind, influenced by mood and expectations, emotions and habitual thinking
Notice any lack of self-acceptance and unrealistic striving
If you have any questions about this day please contact: Jacqueline Stevenson firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.