BWYT Foundation Course
Introduction session & meet Robyn:
Sunday 1st July 2018 (10am-1pm) or Monday 2nd July 2018 (6-9pm)
Course dates: 9th September 2018 – 2nd June 2019
Foundation Course students must:
1. Have a minimum of two years’ class attendance with a suitably qualified and experienced yoga teacher.
2. Be a member of the British Wheel of Yoga
How to apply for a place on the course
1. Contact Robyn Creighton for an application form
a. Tel: 07946413497
2. Complete the form and return it to Robyn at SpiritLevel Yoga’s Boutique Studio, Simonside Terrace, Heaton NE6 5JY.
NB. If the course is over-subscribed, students will be chosen based on the information submitted in their application
3. When you receive your confirmation letter, you will need to pay the non-refundable deposit (£150) to secure your place.
4. Please ensure that you are a BWY member before you start the course (this is an essential requirement for you to gain your certificate of completion)
About Robyn & SpiritLevel Yoga
Hello, I am a British Wheel of Yoga teacher and foundation course tutor, I teach adults and children in the Newcastle area. I aim to encourage a creative and playful approach to yoga - developing an understanding of the philosophy through experiential learning that is grounded in a world that children, young people and adults can relate to.
I worked for many years in the field of Health Promotion with young people, parents and professionals in a wide variety of class and group work settings. It was this experience, and my love of yoga, that encouraged me to complete the BWY module "Yoga for Children" and become a BWY Foundation Course Tutor. I also find much inspiration from my work with internationally renowned teachers Paul Fox, David Sye, Zoe Knott, Bob Insley, Peter Blackaby, Gary & Sharon Carter and Uma Dinsmore-Tuli.
In my classes we explore the relationship between tension and effort; observing how the body can move deeply into postures without holding onto tension; using the breath and a little mischievous wiggling(!!) to help the journey into and out of each posture creating a different approach to stretching, and easing the mind.
On the Foundation Course (level 1) we will further your understanding of yoga, develop your personal practice and widening your experience. The course provides a comprehensive grounding in basic practical techniques taught in the context of the philosophy that underpins Yoga. It is an ideal preparation for those who may wish to train as yoga teachers in the future* but equally suitable for yoga students who do not wish to teach.
* Completion of the Foundation Course would be advantageous when applying to join a BWY Diploma course and is highly recommended.
The core syllabus includes: preparation for practise; asana (postures); mudras (Sealing gestures); basic breathing; kriyas (cleansing practices); pranayama (breath control); concentration techniques; relaxation techniques; chanting; and talks and discussions on the context and meaning of Yoga. Students are required to practise regularly throughout the course and are encouraged to reflect upon and make notes on their practice in journal form. Other than this there is no written homework and the course is not formally assessed.
Further information about the syllabus covered on the course is available and will be given to all students at the first taught day
Award: British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course 1 Certificate of Attendance.
Venue: SpiritLevel Yoga’s Boutique Studio, Simonside Terrace, Heaton NE6 5JY
Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm
· £500 course fees. £150 non-refundable deposit followed by 10 x £35 monthly payments. (if you decide to leave the course before completion, you will not be expected to continue with monthly payments, previous monthly payments are non-refundable)
· £60 Registration fee (BWY)
· Annual BWY membership fee (currently £34 - students must become a member before the start of the course)
Dates: September 2018 - June 2019 (10 days in total, approx. one Sunday per month)
9thSep 7thOct 11thNov
13th Jan 3rdFeb 3rdMar 24th Mar
28th April 19th May 2nd June
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.