Tutor: Marye Wyvill
Date: 22nd June 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
About the Tutor
Marye trained for five years at the Dharma Yoga Centre under the tutelage of Julie Friedeberger and Swami Dharmananda, and later spent four years at Mandala Yoga Ashram in Wales.
She has also trained on Ruthy Alon's "Bones for Life”™ programme, designed to stimulate bone strength through natural movement and weight-bearing posture.
Aims of the Day
• To introduce the background and methodology of Ruthy Alon’s Bones for Life programme
• To demonstrate the two main options for the response of the spine to pressure
• To explore safe posture for sustaining the dynamic movements that can build bone
• To explore strategies for promoting uprightness and the body-language of gentle assertion
• To look at evolutionary patterns of self-mobilisation
Objectives of the Day
• learn practices which foster proportional articulation in all major joints
• learn to reorganise the most vulnerable areas of the spine, i.e. cervical and lumbar, in a passive and organically acceptable way
• enrich their movement vocabulary through learning a variety of ways to promote uprightness
• experience how utilising evolutionary patterns of movement can enhance the efficiency and economy of our own movement
This course is aimed primarily at teachers who wish to integrate exercises designed to combat osteoporosis into their weekly classes.
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.