Pratyahara: Gateway to Stillness with Rajesh David
Tutor: Rajesh DAVID
Date: 10th September 2022
Time: 09:00 - 16:00
Pratyahara is the fifth limb of the 8-fold path of Yoga and is considered to be the bridge between the external (bahiranga) and the internal (antaranga). This important stage could be perceived as a portal to inner realms, preparing the yogi for Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi.
Pratyahara is defined in the Yoga Sutras as the withdrawal of the senses from external objects back to the mind-field from which those senses originally arose, thus enabling the mind to focus on its true nature.
Pratyahara practices lead to a state of deep relaxation, expanded awareness and inner stability.
The course will focus on:
• Reflecting on the meaning of Pratyahara
• Working with asanas, mudras, bandhas and pranayama with emphasis on
• Looking at techniques of Pratyahara from Kriya and Nada Yoga
• Exploring other disciplines, such as Mindfulness, which bring about Pratyahara
• Experiencing Pratyahara through the practice of Yoga Nidra
• Moving towards Dharana and Dhyana
• Appreciating the importance of Pratyahara in our practice
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.