There was recently an enquiry from a member about upper age limits, and whether the ages in the Bluefin policy referred to teachers or students.
Before I answer this can I please state that I am not an insurance expert and that any enquiries should go directly to Bluefin, our insurers. So now I have made that caveat, I can confirm that :
- there is no upper age limit for the students we teach
- for insurance purposes there is no upper age limit for teachers under this policy for public liability insurance
- teachers up to the age of 70 have full personal accident liability insurance.
- teachers from 70 to 75 receive only 50% of the benefits of personal accident liability insurance
- teachers over the age of 75 need to advise their insurers for the purposes of their personal accident liability insurance
- all of the above assumes that teachers are teaching as per BWY guidelines.
I hope this makes sense. If in doubt, ask.
Nicola Bourke and the BWY Scotland Committee