Tutor: John Stirk
Date: 24th September 2022
Time: 10:00 - 15:45
John invites you on a journey towards and through a sensory understanding, as he guides you beyond current experience to develop your own yoga script, and expand your creativity, in order to:-
• Provide a basis for a deeper experience in practice and teaching
• encourage a more profound contact with groups
• bring out the essence of yoga in students as a consequence of a deeper creativity
• blend an ancient concept with modern western yoga
• draw attention to the relationship between soft tissue sensitivity and the quality of consciousness
• examine the potential for abundant resonance in group work and the so-called ‘universal experience’.
John has been teaching Yoga for over 40 years, having graduated as an osteopath, he subsequently lectured in Bio-Mechanics and Practical Osteopathy. The influence of R.D.Laing, B.K.S. Iyengar, Vanda Scaravelli and J. Krishnamurti has confirmed his belief in finding knowledge in and for oneself. Consequently, his style of teaching emphasises an enquiry into how we are.
John is the author of a number of articles and books, notably ‘The Original Body’ published in 2015 and ‘Deeper Still’ published in 2021.
Please note the refund policy can be found in the terms and conditions section of the national BWY website.
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.