Emergency First Aid Training (Including Defribilation)
Tutor: Alison Hawthorn
Date: 23rd February 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
The Emergency First Aid One Day Course (as set out by the HSE) covers:-
• Initial Assessment, Airway, Breathing & Circulation, Recovery Position
• Resuscitation and chest compressions using training manikins – CPR (including children/babies/infants)
• Causes/levels of unconsciousness
• Asphyxia – causes and treatment of choking
• Heart attack, anaphylaxis, stroke, diabetes, asthma, epilepsy
• Wound and bleeding, direct and indirect pressure, treatment of shock
• Fractures, sprains and dislocations
• Burns and scalds
• Maintaining a First Aid Box, Accident Book & reporting of incidents
Use of defibrilator included
Please let the tutor know of any additional needs so that they can be accommodated.
Students need to be aware that some practical aspects of the course are
carried out on the floor and they need to have a basic level of
mobility. Students need to be dressed appropriately to be able to do
Information about Alison
Alison Hawthorn brings over 2 decades worth of teaching and yoga
experience to her courses. She strives to make her courses informative,
interactive and accessible to all, with the aim of having each student
walk away with a mental map of how to deal with all aspects of first aid
that they may come across.
THIS IS POSTPONED WORKSHOP FROM 2ND fEB A FEW PLACES AVAILABLE
St Michael's Parish Hall
6 Park Rd
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.