IST Ref 19/51 Pratyahara - Gateway to Stillness
Tutor: Rajesh David
Date: 26th October 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Aims of the Morning1. To introduce participants to Pratyahara through practice, reflection and discussion
2. To examine the role of the fifth limb within the context of the 8-fold path
3. To refine sensitivity and awareness in asana and pranayama
1. Working with asanas mudras, bandhas and pranayama with emphasis on Pratyahara
2. Exploring Pratyahara practices in Kriya yoga and Nada yoga
3. Reflecting and refining our understanding of Pratyahara through sharing and discussion
Aims of the Afternoon
1. To look at Yoga Nidra from the view point of Pratyahara
2. To place Mindfulness in the context of Pratyahara
3. To consolidate and appreciate the importance of Pratyahara as a gateway to Meditation
1. Exploring Yoga Nidra through discussion and practice
2. Exploring Mindfulness techniques in order to appreciate its place in Pratyahara
3. Exploring Pratyahara as a necessary pathway to Meditation practices
About the Tutor
trained at The Yoga Institute, Mumbai, India. He is also a composer and
singer, with a background in Indian classical music. As a professional
singer he was an A- grade artist for All India Radio & Television.
Whilst living as a resident of Mandala Yoga Ashram in Wales for four
years, he conducted kirtan and chanting sessions, gave concerts and
taught regular Nada Yoga courses. His three courses on the subject of
Nada, Nada Yoga the Yoga of Subtle Sound, From Sound to Silence and The
Music of Om - chanting and reflecting on the Mandukya Upanishad,
together with two others, Bhakti Yoga Through Love to the Self and An
Introduction to Adi Shankaracharyas Bhaja Govindam are all recognized as
IST by the BWY.
He has been teaching these courses in the UK and abroad for several years.
He has also taught with Swami Nishchalananda on a one year course of Kriya Yoga at the Mandala Yoga Ashram.
His many CDs include collections of devotional music, such as Mantram
Music for Relaxation and Meditation, The Music of AUM - The Mandukya
Upanishad and Kabir - mystic poems, and practice CDs, such as
Nadopasana, for practitioners of Nada Yoga.
Rajesh has trained as a coach with HeartMath UK, which focuses on heart
intelligence as a means of building resiliance and managing stress.
Outline plan for the day
10 – 10.30 Relaxation and Introduction
10.30 – 11.30 Asana, mudras, bandhas and pranayanma with emphasis on Pratyahara
11.30 – 11.40 Short break
11.40 – 12.40 Looking at Pratyahara practices – Kriya and Nada Yoga
12.40 – 1pm Discussion and feedback
1 – 2pm Lunch break
2 – 2.10 Nishpanda bhava
2.10 – 3 Looking at Y Nidra from the viewpoint of Pratyahara
3 – 3.45 Pratyahara in other disciplines like Mindfulness
3.45 – 4 Feedback, Q&A and Evaluations
South Brent Village Hall
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.