IST day with Zoe Knott - Exploring Arm Balances
Tutor: Zoe Knott
Date: 17th February 2018
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Exploring Arm Balances
Aims of the Morning
1. How to approach arm balances in the safest way.
2. Areas that need to be strong; areas that need to be flexible.
3. How to incorporate relevant preparatory techniques into general class teaching.
4. A safe and accessible approach to Scorpion to give stages for teaching safely.
Those attending will:
1. Practice approaches to arm balances in the safest way.
2. Understand areas that need to be strong; areas that need to be flexible.
3. Learn how to incorporate relevant preparatory techniques into their general class teaching.
4. Prepare a safe and accessible approach to Scorpion to give stages for teaching safely.
Aims of the Afternoon
1. Why we should consider working in and teaching arm balances physically and esoterically while considering contraindications.
2. A safe and accessible approach to Firefly and give stages for teachers to give to their students.
Those attending will:
1. Understand whey we should consider working in and teaching arm balances physically and esoterically while considering contraindications.
2. Learn a safe and accessible approach to Firefly and give stages for own teaching
Teaching Material Used On The Day
Handouts. These are emailed after the day.
Methods of presenting the subject
Demonstration, Discussion, Pairs, Group Work, Class Work, Self Discovery, Experiential, Short Lecture
About the Tutor
Zoe is a Diploma Course Tutor and also the DCT Training Officer.
Over 30 years of yoga practice with many different teachers from a variety of traditions has resulted in an eclectic style of teaching that has been influenced by all those she has worked with. Her fundamental approach is to build strength as the cornerstone of practice and from there all poses become possible. Asana are broken down and analysed. Zoe looks at the muscles that need to be strong or flexible and works in detail gradually building up the components of a pose.
Zoe has taken the additional BWY modules in Pranayama and Pregnancy. As well as running regular yoga classes, the Foundation Course, Teacher Training and travelling round the country giving Workshops, Zoe runs regular yoga holidays.
BR2 9AS (which is the London Borough of Bromley in South East London).
Outline plan for the day
10.15 Preparatory work including Spine Mobilization, in Cat, Forearm Cat, Dog, Forearm Dog
11.15 Shoulder Stretches
11.45 Arm, Abdominal Strengthening
12.15 Arm Placement in Scorpion
12.30 Work with Wall in Forearm Dog Variations
12.45 Scorpion Pairwork with Wall
12.55 Scorpion Pairwork no Wall
1.05 Easing, Twists
2.30 Q&A, Discussion, Benefits, Contraindications, View of Experts
3.00 Hip work
2.50 Ham string stretching
3.15 Standing wide leg forward bends with hip opening.
3.30 Low Lizard (lunge varation)
3.20 Choice of stages of Firefly
3.30 Easing, Twists
Be sure to be bring blocks, belts and good humour to the workshop.......
Please use public tranport if you can, or allow time for parking.
Parking on Crwys Road is limited to 1
hour. Parking behind the Co-op is Pay and Display. Free parking is
available on the streets surrounding the Church, but please avoid
resident parking bays and dropped curbs. Daniel Street (off Monthermer
Road) which runs behind the Co-op often has spaces available (since
there's only houses on the one side of the street).
BWY Refund policy:
15.2. Refunds for Events are on a sliding scale. Written cancellation received between:
Opening of booking to 2 months – 100% of the fee paid
2 months to 1 month – 50% of the fee paid
1 month to 1 week – 25% of fee paid
After – 0% of fee paid
For exceptional circumstances please email firstname.lastname@example.org
15.3. Refunds for all event bookings may incur a £25 admin fee.
Cathays Methodist Church Hall
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.