Exploring Twists with Zoe Knott
Tutor: Zoe Knott
Date: 18th February 2018
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Aims of the Morning
1. A fresh approach to spinal rotation in asana.
2. Areas that need to be strong; areas that require flexibility.
3. How to incorporate relevant preparatory techniques into general class teaching.
Those attending will:
1. Practice different approaches to asana by focusing on spinal rotation.
2. Understand areas that need to be strong; areas that need to be flexible.
3. Learn how to incorporate relevant preparatory techniques into their general class teaching..
Aims of the Afternoon
As the morning.
As the morning.
Teaching Material Used On The Day
Handouts. These are emailed after the day.
Methods of presenting the subject
Demonstration, discussion, class work, self discovery, experiential, short lecture.
About the Tutor
Zoe is a Diploma Course Tutor and also the DCT Training Officer.
Over 30 years of yoga practice with many different teachers from a variety of traditions has resulted in an eclectic style of teaching that has been influenced by all those she has worked with. Her fundamental approach is to build strength as the cornerstone of practice and from there all poses become possible. Asana are broken down and analysed. Zoe looks at the muscles that need to be strong or flexible and works in detail gradually building up the components of a pose.
Zoe has taken the additional BWY modules in Pranayama and Pregnancy. As well as running regular yoga classes, the Foundation Course, Teacher Training and travelling round the country giving Workshops, Zoe runs regular yoga holidays.
Swansea Vale Resource Centre
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Booking has closed for this event.