Summer School 2018
Date: 24th July 2018 - 28th August 2018
Time: 19:30 - 21:00
The BWY events continue with Summer School.. This is a great way
to learn from a different teacher every week over the summer - to try
different styles, or deepen your practice is a particular area. It is a
drop-in - no need to book, you can do all or any number of the sessions
- you can pick and choose. We have a fantastic line up again this year with a
really varied and interesting programme.
BWY members £6.00
No need to book – just come along. Please bring a mat, blanket (block and strap if available) and wear clothes you can move comfortably in.
- 24th July – Margaret Hudson - Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation with movement and breath. Suitable for all levels
- 31st July – Jo Bogacz - Rest, calm & restore - suitable for all. Welcome home to yourself with a deeply nourishing yoga session to release stress, remove anxiety & find your own way. Practices include flow & held asana poses to come back to the present moment, pranayama to find balance & expansion, and time for stillness through meditation & guided yoga nidra.
- 7th August – Cathryn Scott - Warriors and goddesses - A fun, lively session including flowing sequences built around the warrior poses and goddess pose. The class opens the hips, strengthens the legs and focuses the mind. Suitable for all. The session includes gentle sequences, some stronger poses and sequences in the middle with plenty of alternatives.
- 14th August – Mary Wathan - Chair yoga - Suitable for "all", it's a perfect solution for office workers, commuters, tired parents, students, the elderly, the overweight, and the unenthusiastic movers. Chair yoga combines simple exercises that can be done daily that strengthen and stretch the body, focus the mind and help to tap into the breath.
- 21st August – Caroline McGurgan – Flow Into Stillness - a breath-led, mindful practice, suitable for all levels and abilities combining slow flow vinyasa and classical posture work inter-weaved with more passive, restorative poses to strengthen, stretch and restore.
- 28th August – Simon Hegarty- Yin - Holding poses for several minutes at a time allows the stretches to reach deeper connective tissues beyond those at a muscular level. For yoga practitioners looking for something beyond physical postures, yin yoga addresses the deeper spiritual dimensions of yoga, better preparing you for meditation. A practice for all levels, find the stillness within.
Cathays Methodist Church Hall
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.
Online booking is not provided for this event. To book, please email or call the Course contact above.