Bones for Life - Walk for Life
Tutor: Mary Wyvill
Date: 23rd March 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Mary Wyvill (Upasana) trained at the Dharma Yoga Centre under the tutelage of Julie Friedeberger and Swami Dharmananda, and later spent four years as a resident teacher at Mandala Yoga Ashram.She also trained on Ruthy Alon's "Bones for Life" programme, designed to stimulate bone strength through natural movement and weight-bearing posture.
- To introduce the background and methodology of Ruthy Alon's "Bones for Life" programme,which incorporates "Walk for Life."
- To demonstrate how distribution of pressure in the foot affectsposture, balance and mobility.
- To restore springiness and flexible articulation of the knees.
- To expand freedom of movement and flexibility in hip joint while securing a reliable uncompromising alignment of posture.
- Participants will discover where pressure of the foot needs to be focused in ideal walking.
- Participants will learn how to mechanically create and mentally accept unlocked knees.
- Participants will train the hip joint to avoid over reacting under transmission of pressure coming from the foot in walking.
Darby and Joan Hall
If you are a BWY member please ensure you are logged in. To make a booking for this event please select a ticket type and then click send booking. Certain events are only available to specific member types, for example first aid days for teachers and student teachers so please logon first to see specific tickets.
If you have questions please contact the event organiser or webadmin using the regional contacts page.