This course is for you if you are:
- Keen to develop your knowledge for teaching having attended regular classes for more than two years.
- Looking for a good balance of practical experience and theoretical study spread across 14-18 months.
- Eager to deepen your understanding of anatomy and physiology, following completion of a BWY Essential Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga course or similar.
On completion of this course, you’ll gain:
- Practical and theoretical yoga knowledge of teaching a wide range of yoga postures (asana), breathing practices, mindfulness, meditation and relaxation techniques.
- An understanding of the responsibilities of a yoga teacher to support professional practice.
- A foundational knowledge of yoga history and philosophy.
- Effective course and class planning supported by peer, tutor and externally assessed practice to increase teaching confidence.
- A BWYQ Level 4 Certificate, the highest level level available in UK yoga teacher training.
It’s been a wonderful two years, navigating the learning landscape of anatomy, asana, pranayama, meditation, business, taxes and so much more. It’s been great having real feedback as I find my voice as a yoga teacher.
BWY Yoga Teacher, London
The BWY course was brilliant. If focused on how to teach in a staged approach and teach students with different health conditions.
BWY Yoga Teacher, Abergavenny
For me the course was transformational – life changing and life affirming. Studying with our group of 12 has been such an amazing period of my life.
BWY Yoga Teacher, Cardiff
The course curriculum includes:
- Professional responsibilities of a yoga teacher
- Basic breathing and relaxation techniques
- Preparing for asana.
Unit B: Approaching asana, basic breath control and relaxation.
Unit C: Effective planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation.
The Certificate in Yoga Teacher Training Course is approximately 300 hours.
After completion of the Certificate Course, there is an option to continue developing your teaching on the Progression to Diploma Course.
BWY has a new partnership, with Andrew McGonigle, aka Dr Yogi. BWY Training recommends and recognises his 30-hour online training in anatomy and physiology. BWY teacher training students can interact with Andrew live each month during an online Q&A held for trainees taking the course. Many of BWY’s yoga teacher training tutors deliver their A&P with Andrew, who says:
My goal is to make anatomy applied to yoga fun, practical and inclusive.
Meet the Teacher Training Courses lead – Belinda Emberson
All tutors for the Diploma, Certificate and Progression to Diploma courses have taught for a minimum of five years and have completed extensive tutor-assessed study with the BWY for a further two years.
Leading the team of tutors, Belinda Emberson has been a BWY yoga teacher since 2002 and has led teacher trainings for over six years. She is responsible for training teachers to a high-quality standard to deliver L4 Certificate & Diploma Yoga Teacher Training.